Using Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) we can improve the overall tone and texture of your skin and help to reduce the visible signs of aging. IPL can boost collagen, firm facial contours and reduce the appearance of scarring, fine lines and wrinkles.
HOW DOES IPL WORK FOR SKIN REJUVENATION?
For skin rejuvenation the short pulses of filtered light emitted by the IPL system are readily absorbed into the deeper layers of skin. This stimulates your own natural collagen production cells, which in turn causes cellular renewal. As a result skin is plumped, refreshed and scarring is minimized creating a more youthful appearance.
WHAT DOES TREATMENT FEEL LIKE?
Skin rejuvenation using IPL merely creates a feeling of warmth, so no discomfort should be experienced during or after treatment.
HOW WILL MY SKIN LOOK AFTER TREATMENT?
You may notice a slight reddening of the skin, however this should be very minimal and only last for up to a few hours. In most cases you will notice little difference and can continue your normal daily activities.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
The best results are achieved with a course of 4 treatments spaced at monthly intervals, followed by maintenance treatments at least twice a year to maintain results.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
There is the possibility of some minor side effects, such as redness, which are discussed in detail and put into the correct perspective during your thorough consultation. Usually these are specific to you as an individual and are explained in detail at your consultation.
WHEN WILL I SEE THE RESULTS?
Because we are stimulating the deeper layers of skin it will take up to four weeks for the true results of treatment to start to be seen. Individual results can vary. You may not notice this yourself, as you are seeing the micro changes happening on a daily basis. Your friends are more likely to notice and ask whether are you are using a new product?’ Only you will know the answer – IPL Skin Rejuvenation.
More specific advice information is given during your consultation.
On your first visit, your clinician will carry out a detailed consultation and assessment before recommending a treatment plan to suit your individual requirements. Your clinician will also demonstrate the equipment and answer any questions.
We follow best practice with treatment policies, procedures and protocols, only employing properly, highly trained clinicians and operating under the clinical supervision of our medical director, in order to maintain the highest clinical standards.
We value the comfort and safety of our clients very highly and will take the greatest care to ensure that you feel at ease about every aspect of your treatment.
Before your IPL treatment
For 1 week before treatment
- Do not wax, (unless advised by your clinician), pluck, or undergo electrolysis in the treatment area
- To avoid skin sensitivity, do not bleach or use depilatory cream in the week before your treatment.
You should avoid sunbathing, sunbeds and self-tanning products, as treatments cannot be performed on tanned skin.
- Avoid swimming and vigorous exercise
- Do not use cosmetics on the treatment area
After your IPL treatment
For 2 days after treatment
- Avoid sunbathing, sunbeds and self-tanning products
- Avoid saunas and steam rooms
- Baths and showers should be tepid rather than hot
- Avoid vigorous exercise and swimming
- Avoid using perfumed products and makeup on the treated area.
For 1 week after treatment
If your face has been treated, then avoid facials and any other forms of exfoliation in the treated area.
Important facts to remember while you are undergoing treatment
- Treatments cannot be performed on tanned skin. A fake tan of any kind has the same implications as a natural tan.
- You must use a broad spectrum sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection of SPF30 or higher on the treated area, or as advised by your clinician.
- Please arrange your treatment at least one week before a holiday, and allow a minimum of four weeks after your return for any tan to fade. Please advise us if your tan has not faded as we will not be able to treat you and we will happily rearrange your next treatment